More Questions. Ask!
Answered By: Amy Harris - Southeastern University Last Updated: Dec 15, 2014 Views: 7
1. Go to http://libguides.seu.edu
3. Go to "General and Current Events"
4. In that list look for the database, CREDO If you are asked for a username & password, it will be the same as you SEU email account.
5. This database is great at giving definitions from scholarly sources in the discipline you are studying. So while Wikipedia may offer pop culture's definition of intimacy, CREDO will give you the psychological or sociological definitions that are used in the field.
6. Once you get to CREDO, you can enter your search term and find a list of different definitions from different scholarly works.
6. Click on "social sciences" to get only the definitions in your field (I'm assuming writing & drawing are not what you are looking for.) Then all the definitions will be in your area of study.
If you have further questions, call us at the library (863) 667-5089 and a librarian will be glad to talk with you.