More Questions. Ask!
Answered By: Amy Harris - Southeastern University Last Updated: Dec 15, 2014 Views: 63
Answered By: Amy Harris - Southeastern University
Last Updated: Dec 15, 2014 Views: 63
How to make page 1 start on the second page of the Word document:
- Place the cursor just before the first letter on the first page of text. (This is actually the second page of your Word document. The first page is your title page which should not have any page number on it.)
- In the Word Ribbon click on the Page Layout tab.
- Click on the down arrow next to Breaks (it's in tiny print)
- Under Section Breaks, select Next Page.
- Click on the Insert tab and then click on Page Number (in the Header and Footer group). Put your arrow on "Top of Page" and then choose the option Plain Number 3 (number is in the top right).
- Notice the dashed line that marks off the header area will have a box on the right labeled “Same as Previous”. In the Word Ribbon, click the highlighted Link to Previous.
- Click Page Number in the Header and Footer group and among the options that appear select Format Page Number.
- In the dialog box click "Start At," and enter 1 (if the computer does not do it for you), and click OK
- The number 1 should now be at the top right of the first page of text.